- Za’Kiesha Blanks
- Georgia Ambassador
My name is Za’Kiesha Blanks and I was called at an early age to birth work as I supported friends and family members in their birth experience. My passion to support and serve led me into a variety of medical and birth focused careers over the past 13+ years.
While working in medical systems it became apparent that more education and support was needed for all expectant parents in all circumstances, but also for the providers within the medical system. I continue to witness daily the very big and dangerous barriers to access to OB care for the impoverished and rural populations in my state. As a certified doula, this has stirred me to do even more to educate myself and participate in grassroots work in my own community to be a voice for the marginalized as I focus on birth justice for all.
In the past few years, I have received a multitude of certifications and trainings that grow my ability to help care for and educate the clients and community that I serve.
- Midwifery Birth Assistant
- Maternal Health Consultant
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Maternal Support Practitioner
- Birth Justice Doula
- Calm Birth Teacher
- ROSES Study Clinical
- Community Breastfeeding Educator
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
- Advance Community Breastfeeding Educator
- ROSE Community Transformer & BreastFriend
- Fertility Advocate
- Childbirth Educator
- EOL Doula
- Abortion Doula
- Diaspora Death Doula
- TransMasculine Fertility & Birth